The Azimuth Project
The Azimuth Library is the section of the Azimuth Wiki where you can find clearly presented, accurate, and up-to-date information on the issues affecting our planet.
The big problems facing the planet
Our planet faces a complex set of environmental and technological problems, including but not limited to:
- Global warming - human caused climate change.
- Extinction - mass die-offs caused by global warming and habitat changes.
- Deforestation - loss of primary and secondary forests.
- Ocean acidification - rise in ocean acidity due to rising CO2.
- Dead zones - large areas of the ocean that can’t support life.
- Water crisis - drawdowns in aquifers and freshwater supplies.
- Peak oil - the decline in the availability of oil as an energy source.
Each of the following topics has overview a list of associated articles and references:
- Action plans - plans for saving the planet, and our summaries and critiques.
- Biodiversity - information on biodiversity and the how to prevent the mass extinction that could be underway.
- Carbon - everything related to carbon emissions and carbon dioxide.
- Climate - information on climate physics, climate prediction and climate change.
- Earth science - information on Earth science.
- Ecology - understanding how ecosystems work and how humans interact with them.
- Energy - information on the technology and economics of energy.
- Oceans - the oceans, the many roles they play, and problems such as ocean acidification and dead zones.
- Members - members of the Azimuth Forum.
- Natural resources - information about fresh water, oil, phosphorus, etc.
- Organizations - organizations you should know if you’re a scientist or engineer who wants to save the planet.
- People - people you should know know if you’re a scientist or engineer who wants to save the planet.
- Reports - reports on climate change and energy issues, and our summaries and critiques.
- Software - software related to climate, environmental and energy issues.
- Methodology - scientific and engineering methodologies that are relevant to the grand goal of saving the planet.
- Things to do - things you can do here.
- Visualisation - cool graphs, charts and pictures.